This project adapted a floor of a 1950’s concrete framed building, located in the centre of Dublin. The building was previously used for retail storage and was adapted to a new cookery school. The existing space was stripped back to it’s concrete frame, while retaining the building’s original steel windows. Two kitchens were provided in a large open plan arrangement. A third demonstration kitchen is located in the narrowest part of the plan, optimizing natural daylight. A particular feature of the cookery school, is that it has being designed to be naturally ventilated. Particular care was also taken in selecting materials of each workstation, – Carrara marble, oak and stainless steel, all providing hardwearing natural surfaces and providing a special character to the School. Status: Completed Winter 2010.