This building is one of a pair of brick warehouse buildings, built circa 1880, on the South Campshires of the Liffey and is the smaller of the two buildings. The warehouses are the only surviving examples of this typology on Dublin’s Quays. The works involved both restoration and conservation works to the building, so that it could be adapted to its new use as an office and cafe. A new linear strip window is added to both flanks, between a new projecting concrete cill and a new roof. This window has the effect that the roof is weightless and floats above the glass. The concrete cill clearly de-marks the existing and new works. Great care was taken in the design to respect the special character of the existing building, so that it's original details were preserved, while fitting amenities such a new mezzanine floor, a new boardwalk, air conditioning and a raised access floor.